Love this hop! Leave it to the creative minds of Alex Cavanaugh and Ciara Knight to come up with such a marvelous idea.
Just like those wonderful sleeper films that don't get the attention of the blockbusters, many books are waiting on to be read lists and deserve some love.
I've read several books this year...and here are my favorites...in a nice mannerly alphabetic list. :)
Jesse Andersen's book has the coolest cover of the year. I think it's totally awesome. And the story was a great read too. Jesse took a tough issue (teen pregnancy and abortion) and emerged with a wonderful, thoughtful story.
|Amazon Link |
I just started reading this book, and even though I am only a third of the way in, I have to add it to the list. Medeia Sharif has that "voice" we hear so much about. Add in her touch of humor and I am excited to keep reading.
Being a huge fan of Sylvia Plath's "The Bell Jar", I fell in love with this book. Annalisa Crawford doesn't just let the reader peak into the head of a troubled teen, she sucks you in. I read this novella in a day and will definitely visit this story again.
Jay Mims created a charming soft shoe detective who drops one liners like a millionaire drops dimes. This book was fun from beginning to end.
I love a good romance...and Kyra Lennon delivers. I love her style, love her humor, love her characters...even the rotten, but redeemable Radleigh.
This was a sweet read with a nice twist at the end. Jolene Perry is a master of the teen love tale, but so far, this one is my favorite.
Linda Sands wove a masterful, mutli-generational tale with characters so out of the ordinary they felt like people I knew. Linda is a smart, talented writer and her stories show it.
*Yes, I violated the rules by not picking one book. Sue me...I've got a few pennies left. :)
Now for some bloggie awards!
|Thanks to Rachel Shieffelbein|
|Thanks to Tammy Theriault|
And since this is already a long post, I've combined the questions choosing this and that from each list to make a list of lucky 7.
1. Favorite Movie? "Gone with the Wind"
2. Chocolate or vanilla? chocolate~ dark chocolate, milk chocolate, mixed, poured, or added in...love it in any form
3. Favorite Holiday? Christmas!! Love it...even when it starts in October.
4. When do I crave sweets the most? morning, noon, and sometimes even at night
5. Favorite Author? John Steinbeck
6. Favorite Pet? I love animals. I have dogs, frogs, hamsters, and a cat. Animals are awesome, even if they are a lot of work. But since I'm NOT running for political office...I will answer the question with a direct response: of all the wonderful critters in the world...dogs are tops.
7. Favorite subject in school and why? History. I'd rather visit a museum over Disney World any day.